Welcome to the South African Medical Students' Association UCT
The South African Medical Students’ Association University of the University of Cape Town (SAMSA-UCT) is a subsidiary of the South African Medical Students’ Association (SAMSA) which is an independent body of students in South Africa. It is committed to serving society and students and is becoming recognized as an organiser and inspirer of a vast popular search for better health for all. SAMSA is affiliated with the International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations
(IFMSA) and the South African Medical Association
- SAMSA-UCT pursues its aims without political, religious, social, racial, national, sexual or any other discrimination.
- SAMSA-UCT promotes humanitarian ideals and ethics among medical students and so seeks to contribute to the creation of responsible future medical professionals.
- The principles of freedom of speech and free circulation of ideas and information shall operate within SAMSA-UCT.
The goals of SAMSA-UCT are to serve students at University of Cape Town, the greater Cape Town region and society at large by:
- Equipping and empowering South African students so that they can use their abilities for the benefit of society.
- Providing a forum for students to discuss topics related to health, education and medicine, to formulate policies from such discussions and to carry out appropriate activities.
- Acting as an instrument for medical students’ professional exchanges and projects.
- Promoting the dissemination of information relative to health issues amongst thecommunities of South Africa.
- Promoting the development of workable programs and policies for the provision ofbetter health care.
- Providing a link between students and other national or international organizationsand to encourage the co-operation between them for the ultimate benefit of society.